Status updates- important please read:
1. Peritonsillar abscess – observation
2. Retropharyngeal abscess – inpatient
3. Patients with diabetes admitted for hyperglycemia without ketoacidosis should be placed under observation status.
4. Sickle cell patients admitted with a vaso-occlusive pain crisis requiring IV pain medication, but without fever and no need for antibiotics should be placed under observation status.
5. If patient documented to have > 7 days with no bowel movement and has failed outpatient therapy with laxatives or if the patient has a fecal impaction, may admit as inpatient. If < 7 days without BM, or there was no use out laxatives, or no fecal impaction, admit under observation status.
OTHER INPATIENT TEAMS
Night Shift at WCH