WCH Supervision Protocol 10.24.18
WCH Peds Resident Handbook (Utilization/Clinical Documentation)
Status updates- important please read:
1. Peritonsillar abscess – observation
2. Retropharyngeal abscess – inpatient
3. Patients with diabetes admitted for hyperglycemia without ketoacidosis should be placed under observation status.
4. Sickle cell patients admitted with a vaso-occlusive pain crisis requiring IV pain medication, but without fever and no need for antibiotics should be placed under observation status.
5. If patient documented to have > 7 days with no bowel movement and has failed outpatient therapy with laxatives or if the patient has a fecal impaction, may admit as inpatient. If < 7 days without BM, or there was no use out laxatives, or no fecal impaction, admit under observation status.
Hospital Pediatrics Suggested Readings and Modules
Section of Hospital Medicine Library
OTHER INPATIENT TEAMS
Night Shift at WCH