Welcome to the Quality Improvement (QI) page for the UF Jax Pediatrics Residency! We hope this will be your go-to webpage for QI requirements during residency and QI project resources. We look forward to making our lives and jobs better together with Quality Improvement!
Quality Improvement-Resident Requirements
- PDSA Worksheet- blank
Can QI be Scholarly?- yes it can.
- YES!!! More and more impactful QI initiatives and Patient Safety activities are being published in the most prestigious pediatric journals.
- If you intend to publish or share your experience outside of the area of study, you should have your work scrutinized by an IRB.
- If your intent is to publish from the outset then you should seek IRB approval from the outset.
- QI Published Project Example: Quality Improvement Measures in Pulse-Oximetry Newborn Heart Screenings
Can my QI project be used for Maintenance of Certification (MOC)?
- Find out how to bank MOC (Maintenance of Certification)
- To maintain certification, you need a certain number of credits for QI/Patient Safety every year
- You can bank some credits now for all your hard work taking part in Quality Improvement in Residency and use them later when they are required
Getting Started With Quality Improvement Course- Everyone to complete during their PL-2 year Learn to use one or a combination of approaches like process mapping, evidence-based medicine, best-practices benchmarking and brainstorming session to improve healthcare quality in the workplace- PEDIALINK MODULE